A Poll Worker training and certification class will be held at 3:00 p.m. on Monday, October 4, 2021 at the Courthouse Annex Auditorium, 45 South Lumpkin Street, Hawkinsville, GA.
In order to participate as a Poll Worker for the City Election that is being held on November 2, 2021, you must be a resident of the City of Hawkinsville. If you are interested in becoming a Poll Worker or would like to continue working as a Poll Worker, you must attend this training.
Questions can be directed to the Pulaski County Board of Elections and Registrar Office by calling 478-783-0828.
PUBLIC NOTICE – LOGIC AND ACCURACY TESTING
Pursuant to O.C.G.A 21-2-379.25 notice is hereby given that the logic and accuracy testing on the voting equipment to be used in the November 2, 2021 General Election will begin at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday October 6, 2021 until completed. The testing will be at the Pulaski County Annex Building, 45 South Lumpkin Street, Hawkinsville, GA 31036. The test procedure is open to the public.
Gail B. Bembry, Chair
Pulaski County Board of Elections and Registrar
Pulaski County Board of Elections & Registrar
P.O. Box 1375
45 S. Lumpkin Street
Hawkinsville, Georgia 31036
FAX (478) 783-0696
The City of Hawkinsville Municipal Election is scheduled for November 2, 2021.
The following Candidates have qualified for City of Hawkinsville Commissioners Post:
POST 1 JAMES A. COLSON
POST 2 SHELLY J. BERRYHILL
POST 5 HENRY E. CRAVEY, III
POST 5 LANEY ECKLES GRIFFIN
Gail B. Bembry, Chair/Superintendent
Pulaski Co Board of Elections & Registrar
|The Pulaski County Sole Commissioner does hereby announce that the millage rate will be set at a meeting to be held at the Pulaski County Commissioner’s Office on August 19, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. pursuant to the requirements of O.C.G.A. § 48-5-32 does hereby publish the following presentation of the current year’s tax digest and levy, along with the history of the tax digest and levy for the past five years.
The City of Hawkinsville is proposing an amendment to its current historic district zone. The full amendment and a map of the proposed area can be found here. The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on Thursday, September 2, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. in the conference room at City Hall located at 96 Broad Street, Hawkinsville, GA 31036. The following items will be considered:
- Adoption of a map establishing the boundaries of the Hawkinsville Historic District;
- Adoption of the Hawkinsville Historic District map as an amendment to the City’s official zoning map; and
- A proposed amendment to the City’s “Unified Land Development Regulations” ordinance to create a historic district overlay zone.
At the hearing, public comment will be heard on the matters; thereafter, the Commission will make recommendations to the City Commission on each item.
Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office
Secretary Job description:
Answer telephone and greets office visitors, determine nature of call, provide information and assistance, take messages, and/or direct callers to appropriate individual or department. Makes appointments and arranges meetings at the request of the Sheriff. Researches, compiles and organizes data for use in reports and special projects. May prepare routine reports as directed. Sets up and maintains a variety of office files and records.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to meet all Department hiring requirements, including passage of a drug test.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to make practical application of the customary practices, procedures, rules and regulations of the Department.
- Working knowledge of standard office procedures and Department computer programs, and ability to apply such knowledge to a variety of interrelated processes, tasks, and operations.
- Working knowledge of and ability to make practical application of standard bookkeeping practices/principles.
- Working knowledge of standard English grammar, spelling and punctuation, and ability to prepare correspondence, documents and written reports.
- Knowledge of standard filing systems and ability to create and maintain Department, records, logs and files.
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy and properly operate a variety of standard office equipment, including computer, telephone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, other County departments, and members of the public, including being sensitive to professional ethics, gender, cultural diversities and disabilities.
- Ability to provide public access to or maintain confidentiality of Department information and records according to state requirements.
- Ability to comply with all employer and Department policies and work rules, including, but not limited to, attendance, safety, drug-free workplace, and personal conduct.
- Ability to understand, memorize, retain, and carry out oral and written instructions and present findings in oral or written form.
- Knowledge of Excel Spreadsheets and Word Documents creating and updating.
Applications are available online or from the Commissioner’s office.
Please submit application to the Sheriff’s Office at 140 Commerce St., Hawkinsville, Ga by June 14th, 2021.