Tax Assessors Office
is accepting applications for the position of
APPRAISER I TRAINEE
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Georgia driver’s license
- Pass a drug test & background check
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must attend classes out of town with the Department of Revenue and pass appraiser exams
- Must have excellent penmanship with the ability to complete documentation with proper grammar
- Ability to learn, understand, and expound multitudes of complex appraisal principles and techniques
- Must be able to skillfully operate a motor vehicle, all office equipment, tape measure
- Ability to walk, climb, crouch, or otherwise physically maneuver at inspection sites
- Ability to carry out projects and make judgements independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to utilize mathematical formulas in regard to length, width, and shape
- Must maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to communicate with taxpayers tactfully and courteously
- Must be motivated to learn all job functions but not limited to additional duties in the future
- Locate and identify real property using maps and software
- Measure and sketch property size, shape, square footage,
- Collect and record property characteristics such as age, type of construction, depreciation,
- Collect data relative to land valuation and apply such data when appraising parcels of land
- Prepare and update property record cards through field inspections and existing data
- Research public records of sales, leases, and assessments for proper classification of property
- Inspect mobile homes for decals
- Comprehend, compare, and judge data from several types of reports, maps, aerial photographs, land surveys, plats, and legal documents
- Communicate with property owners, the public, and other departments to provide information and resolve problems
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of applicable laws and regulations and attend training sessions as appropriate
Applications for this position are available online at https://hawkinsville-pulaski.org/news/employment-opportunities/ and are available in the
Pulaski County Commissioner’s Office 45 South Lumpkin Street, Suite 100
Hawkinsville, GA 31036
Applications for this position will be accepted until the position is filled.
Pulaski County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pulaski County is seeking a part-time Custodian.
The buildings custodian is responsible to maintain our county office facilities. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have a great physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative in custodial maintenance jobs.
Applications can be picked up at Pulaski County Commissioner’s Office, 45 S Lumpkin St, Hawkinsville, GA 31036 or they may be printed from our website at https://hawkinsville-pulaski.org/news/employment-opportunities/
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The deadline to apply for each position listed is Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Applications can be dropped off at Pulaski County Commissioner’s Office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pulaski County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pulaski County is a Drug Free Employer
For more information, click HERE.
PULASKI COUNTY is accepting applications for the position of APPRAISER I TRAINEE in the Tax Assessors Office
The purpose of this classification is to make appraisals of real/personal property for ad valorem tax purposes.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License
- Must be in good physical and mental health and have the ability to interact well with the general public
- Must be computer literate and possess written and oral communication skills with an understanding of basic mathematics
- Must be able to research, analyze, and inspect property and gather information necessary for appraisals
The selected candidate must have the ability to learn, under supervision, the methods and techniques involved in the appraisal of typical and complex properties.
The selected candidate must complete the appraiser exam for level I and obtain 40 hours of continued education every two years at an out of town location.
Background check and drug screen are required.
Applications for this position are available in the
Pulaski County Commissioner’s Office
45 South Lumpkin Street
Hawkinsville, GA 31036
Applications for this position will be accepted until December 16, 2019. Pulaski County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.