Due to the holiday and staff vacation schedule, the July County Commissioner’s meeting will be held on Friday, July 1, 2022 in the County Annex building at 45 S. Lumpkin St.
Public Notice – Logic & Accuracy Test for Pulaski County Primary Election
A test of the electronic voting system to be used for Advance Voting in the May 24th, 2022 General Primary Election for Pulaski County is being conducted on
April 28th & 29th 2022.
The test will be performed by the Pulaski County Board of Registrations and Elections and will commence at 10:00 a.m. at the Pulaski County polling place, located at 45 South Lumpkin Street.
This test is conducted in accordance with Section 21-2-379.6© of the Official Code of Georgia, Annotated. The test procedures are open to the public.
This 11th day of April 2022
Phil House, Pulaski County Elections Supervisor
Pulaski County is considering applying to the Georgia Department of Community Affairs for a Community Development Block Grant of up to $1,000,000.00 for the construction of a new community senior center. The activities for which these funds may be used are in the areas of housing, public facilities, and economic development that primarily benefit low and moderate income persons.
More specific details regarding eligible activities, disclosure of a possible conflict of interest pertaining to elected officials living in the project’s target area, fair housing laws and Pulaski County’s commitment to further fair housing, the estimated amount of funds proposed to be used for activities to benefit low and moderate income persons and the rating system will be provided at a public hearing, which will be held at the Pulaski County Courthouse Annex, 45 S. Lumpkin St, Hawkinsville, GA 31036 on Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
The purpose of this hearing will be to obtain citizen input into the development of the application. Pulaski County is committed to providing all persons with equal access to its services, programs, activities, education and employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, disability or age. Persons with special needs relating to handicapped accessibility or foreign language should contact Laurie Obert-Thorn, County Clerk, at 478-783-4154 before March 23, 2022 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Persons with hearing disabilities can contact us at our TDD number 1-800-255-0056 or (voice) 1-800-255-0135.
A Poll Worker training and certification class will be held at 3:00 p.m. on Monday, October 4, 2021 at the Courthouse Annex Auditorium, 45 South Lumpkin Street, Hawkinsville, GA.
In order to participate as a Poll Worker for the City Election that is being held on November 2, 2021, you must be a resident of the City of Hawkinsville. If you are interested in becoming a Poll Worker or would like to continue working as a Poll Worker, you must attend this training.
Questions can be directed to the Pulaski County Board of Elections and Registrar Office by calling 478-783-0828.
PUBLIC NOTICE – LOGIC AND ACCURACY TESTING
Pursuant to O.C.G.A 21-2-379.25 notice is hereby given that the logic and accuracy testing on the voting equipment to be used in the November 2, 2021 General Election will begin at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday October 6, 2021 until completed. The testing will be at the Pulaski County Annex Building, 45 South Lumpkin Street, Hawkinsville, GA 31036. The test procedure is open to the public.
Gail B. Bembry, Chair
Pulaski County Board of Elections and Registrar
Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office
Secretary Job description:
Answer telephone and greets office visitors, determine nature of call, provide information and assistance, take messages, and/or direct callers to appropriate individual or department. Makes appointments and arranges meetings at the request of the Sheriff. Researches, compiles and organizes data for use in reports and special projects. May prepare routine reports as directed. Sets up and maintains a variety of office files and records.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to meet all Department hiring requirements, including passage of a drug test.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to make practical application of the customary practices, procedures, rules and regulations of the Department.
- Working knowledge of standard office procedures and Department computer programs, and ability to apply such knowledge to a variety of interrelated processes, tasks, and operations.
- Working knowledge of and ability to make practical application of standard bookkeeping practices/principles.
- Working knowledge of standard English grammar, spelling and punctuation, and ability to prepare correspondence, documents and written reports.
- Knowledge of standard filing systems and ability to create and maintain Department, records, logs and files.
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy and properly operate a variety of standard office equipment, including computer, telephone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, other County departments, and members of the public, including being sensitive to professional ethics, gender, cultural diversities and disabilities.
- Ability to provide public access to or maintain confidentiality of Department information and records according to state requirements.
- Ability to comply with all employer and Department policies and work rules, including, but not limited to, attendance, safety, drug-free workplace, and personal conduct.
- Ability to understand, memorize, retain, and carry out oral and written instructions and present findings in oral or written form.
- Knowledge of Excel Spreadsheets and Word Documents creating and updating.
Applications are available online or from the Commissioner’s office.
Please submit application to the Sheriff’s Office at 140 Commerce St., Hawkinsville, Ga by June 14th, 2021.
Absentee ballots per O.C.G.A. 21-2-386(a) (3) in Pulaski County GA will be processed early on Monday, December 28, 2020 for the General Runoff election. The process will begin at 8:00 am and continue until complete. The location of the process is Pulaski County Probate Court’s office at 45 S. Lumpkin St, Room 111, Hawkinsville, GA 31036.
Notice is hereby given that the Pulaski County Election Superintendent will conduct a recount of the November 3, 2020 General/Special Election for the Presidential Election on Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at the Pulaski County Probate Court, 45 S. Lumpkin St, Suite 111, Hawkinsville, Ga 31036. The recount will begin at 1:00 pm until completed.
Pulaski County will conduct Logic and Accuracy Testing for the General Election Runoff to be held on January 5th, 2021, on all BMD, Scanners and Poll Pads on Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020. This test will begin at 8:00 am and continue daily until completed.
Testing will be conducted at: Pulaski County Probate Court Office in the Pulaski County Annex.