Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office
Secretary Job description:
Answer telephone and greets office visitors, determine nature of call, provide information and assistance, take messages, and/or direct callers to appropriate individual or department. Makes appointments and arranges meetings at the request of the Sheriff. Researches, compiles and organizes data for use in reports and special projects. May prepare routine reports as directed. Sets up and maintains a variety of office files and records.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to meet all Department hiring requirements, including passage of a drug test.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to make practical application of the customary practices, procedures, rules and regulations of the Department.
- Working knowledge of standard office procedures and Department computer programs, and ability to apply such knowledge to a variety of interrelated processes, tasks, and operations.
- Working knowledge of and ability to make practical application of standard bookkeeping practices/principles.
- Working knowledge of standard English grammar, spelling and punctuation, and ability to prepare correspondence, documents and written reports.
- Knowledge of standard filing systems and ability to create and maintain Department, records, logs and files.
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy and properly operate a variety of standard office equipment, including computer, telephone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, other County departments, and members of the public, including being sensitive to professional ethics, gender, cultural diversities and disabilities.
- Ability to provide public access to or maintain confidentiality of Department information and records according to state requirements.
- Ability to comply with all employer and Department policies and work rules, including, but not limited to, attendance, safety, drug-free workplace, and personal conduct.
- Ability to understand, memorize, retain, and carry out oral and written instructions and present findings in oral or written form.
- Knowledge of Excel Spreadsheets and Word Documents creating and updating.
Applications are available online or from the Commissioner’s office.
Please submit application to the Sheriff’s Office at 140 Commerce St., Hawkinsville, Ga by June 14th, 2021.